We’re delighted to announce the new, integrated Global and personal Portfolio Marketplaces where photographers can instantly license their work and connect with global buyers.
All images are searchable, both by keyword and reverse image search. Buyers can also search the Global Marketplace for photographers based on the photographers name, genres, past clients and location.
So, let’s take a look the difference between the Global and personal Portfolio Marketplaces and how you can get the most out of them to grow your photography business.
In addition to briefing, Explorer Plus and Premium members have the ability to license their work direct to buyers in two ways:
- Personal Portfolio Marketplace
- The ImageBrief Global Marketplace
There is a single upload process for the ImageBrief Marketplaces. Every image uploaded will appear for sale in your Personal Portfolio Marketplace. Based on buyer search data and purchasing trends, our editors will also select the very best content for the Global Marketplace.
Here is the criteria we look for when selecting images for the Global Marketplace:
- Aesthetically sound – Does the image look good? Is the composition superb?
- No technical issues – Wildly out of focus or under exposed.
- Current – Buyers always want fresh, up-to-date images. If your models have outdated clothes, old cell phones (one of the biggest indicators of time these days), or just look like they’re from another era, think twice about uploading.
- Images we know our buyers would purchase – Look at this collection for tips.
- Edited – Please don’t submit 20 variations of the same shot in slightly different angles (i.e. “sister” images), pick the best one or two. Another note on editing: highly processed, filtered, or HDR images don’t sell.
- Any obvious copyright or trademark issues – Read this post on copyright and this one on trademark for help.
- No watermarks!
- Appropriately released – But don’t panic – all images will still appear in your personal Portfolio Marketplace and be available for license for Editorial use.
Personal Portfolio Marketplace
Showcase and sell your best work direct to buyers. To access your Portfolio Marketplace, simply click on “Upload Marketplace Images” when you’re in your Portfolio. Every image you upload will be automatically tagged and be instantly available for direct sale.
Your personal Portfolio Marketplace is presented to buyers in a number of ways:
- Every single image you submit is linked directly to your Portfolio
- Find A Pro Search Engine
- Global Marketplace Search
Share your portfolio link in your email signatures, on your blog, to your social and professional networks. There are a number of important reasons for you to do this to help drive more traffic and unlock the power of the platform to generate sales and assignments:
- The more high quality content you submit to briefs and marketplaces, the higher you rank
- The higher your ranking the more buyer traffic you will generate
- Most large brands and agencies cannot license images directly from photographers because of lengthy procurement processes. ImageBrief provides a safe transaction layer for you and buyers to engage.
- All of the invoicing and billing is taken care of. No chasing up payments or dealing with accounts payable departments. We do all the hard work for you.
Regularly update your Portfolio so that your page is active and ready for your next customer’s visit. Gone are the days of dormant portfolio sites soaking up your hard-earned cash.
Sell, connect and get hired. All in one place.
Don’t forget, Premium members keep 100% of the fees from all direct Portfolio Marketplace sales. We provide the e-commerce, billing and transaction layer at no extra cost.