We’re making a few changes to our terms and conditions to make it easier for you to earn more money from your images and protect your work from copyright theft.
Here is an overview of some of the most important changes:
– Increased commissions for Explorer Plus and Premium members
– Commissions fixed at 50% for Explorer members
– Social Media pricing option for Marketplace images
– Automatically sell your Royalty Free brief submissions after a brief has closed
– Image Theft Protection terms and conditions
Let’s dive in and help you understand exactly what this means for you.
1. Our updated terms and conditions include increased commissions for Explorer Plus and Premium members. Explorer Plus members now keep 70% of all image sales and assignments, while all approved Premium members keep 100% of all image sales and assignments. We’ve also adjusted commissions for Explorer photographers which are now 50% of image sales – still well above industry average.
2. We’ve had overwhelming requests from both buyers and photographers to offer social media pricing so we’ve now included this as an option for photographers. If you are an Explorer Plus or Premium member, you will see a ‘Social Media Pricing’ option on your dashboard. If you activate Social Media Pricing your Royalty Free images will be made available to buyers for US$49 at a maximum file size of 1280px long side @ 72dpi.
Important: If you wish to opt-out of Social Media Pricing it’s important that you head to your dashboard and opt-out (switch off) Social Media Pricing. After 30 days if you have not already activated Social Media Pricing we’ll activate it for you.
3. If you submit to a Royalty Free brief you’ll be prompted to consent to have your images considered for our Global Marketplace. This means that once the brief is closed, even if your submissions are not successful they can be sold to buyers without requiring a separate upload.
4. Finally, we’re thrilled to announce our partnership with ImageRights, which includes image theft monitoring and copyright protection services bundled into our Explorer Plus and Premium subscriptions. There is no separate upload required. As you submit to briefs and the Marketplace, your images can be monitored for misuse and infringement claims. You can watch a short video explainer on how to start monitoring and protecting yourself against copyright theft here.
We’re excited to continue working with you and provide the tools you need to grow and protect your photography business.